Types and Eligibility for Scholarships
1. Subject to the Regulations for Obtaining Scholarships, Xiamen Academy provides limited number of scholarships to qualified applicants on a selective basis.
2. Xiamen Academy offers two types of scholarships:
2.1. A-type scholarship includes:
(1) Full exemption of the registration fee;
(2) A certain sum of subsidy for the trip to and from the recipient’s city to Xiamen:
a. USD 400 for recipients from Asian countries (excluding recipients from China), or
b. USD 600 for recipients from non-Asian countries, or
c. Full reimbursement to round-trip hard-seat train tickets for recipients from Mainland China, or
d. Reimbursement to travel expenses up to USD 200 for recipients from Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Chinese Taipei.
2.2. B-type scholarship includes full exemption of the registration fee.
3. The scholarships will be awarded to the recipients during the period of summer programme. However, failure to finish the programme or unexcused absenteeism from the course will result in the forfeiture of the scholarship in full, requiring a full refund of the scholarship by the disqualified recipient.
4. Scholarships are granted on the considerations of academic performance, financial status of applicants and the country of origin, among other factors. For Chinese Mainland applicants, a certificate of financial status must be submitted to prove the financial status of the applicant. This certificate may be issued by the applicant’s university or local authority. Before applying for the Academy’s scholarship, applicants are encouraged to exhaust other possible means of financial assistance. Especially, Chinese students may be able to apply financial support from their own universities.
5. Application for scholarship shall be submitted in a separate typewritten document indicating the type of scholarship, together with supporting documents.